Search the forums

2009 Pilgrimage to the BT fest!!!

plumber_bob's picture

2009 Fest Updates!

Pre-ramble:

A few weeks ago I was talking to Gunner about the upcoming fest everyone is getting pumped up for, ( well those attending anyway, plus some of us newbee's who want to see how a fest actually becomes reality).

I asked him if there would be live on the scene reports of the pilgrimage to the fest. He didn't give me much hope at first, but after negotiations he has agreed to work with me to show all of you here, at least a few of the 'Fester's', pics of the journey west on the quest to the fest!

Anyway, it is still a couple of days away from when Gunner, and those who are going to meet up with him in Chicago, will ride the train westward to the fest, but I'm going to start this ahead of time as some are starting their quest a tad early. (BTW, I highly recommend assisted breathing apparatus while in Gunner's presence!)

If you only have limited internet access while on the road you can email me the pics, and info at: sbrad762 at bellsouth dot net, and I will post them for all to enjoy!

If you do not include captions, don't worry! I will provide creative comments as best as I can.

Such as this test pic.

Rick just told his nephew,that he was going to be gone for a few days!!

Nephew say , "Finally!!!"

Software © 2009 Mzinga Inc. All rights reserved.
All Material Copyright The Taunton Press Inc.

pb

(post #88894, reply #1 of 240)

The Nephew has given, Gunner a going away present!

Is That device legal???

pb

PreviewAttachmentSize
RyanGunner.jpg
RyanGunner.jpg16.7 KB

(post #88894, reply #3 of 240)

How did Gunner get him to stand so close?

LOL, Looks like he's heard about Gunner and spooning.

Welcome to the
Taunton University of
Knowledge FHB Campus at Breaktime.
 where ...
Excellence is its own reward!

Oh Well,

We did the best we could...

(post #88894, reply #4 of 240)

That kid doesn't get that close to anybody. No hugging or kissing goodbye or even much hand shaking. I think he's still skiddish of us uncles throwing him in a head lock or pile driver when he was little.

Expert. Since 10:00 A.M.

(post #88894, reply #34 of 240)

Dude! You're looking skinny! How's the running going?

Find a trail out near Blodgett's and get a morning run in. It'll clean all the napalm out from the night before.

Have a great trip. Looking forward to updates from the Flaming Winnebago Train of Death.

'Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it' ~ Chinese proverb

'Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it' ~ Chinese proverb

(post #88894, reply #36 of 240)

Man I did something to my achilles tendon. Hurt like a mofo for a few weeks. I actually think it had something to do with all the driving I've been doing. Weird as it sounds. Getting much better. May be able to ease back into running after the fest. 

Anyway I used the down time to bulk up. I've added an inch and a half of muscle to my biceps. (Legaly too) Got to have the Guns if your gonna be the Gun. :)

(post #88894, reply #5 of 240)

LOL,..He does look look he's ready to skidaddle!

Of course, I don't get even that close to Gunner!

pb

(post #88894, reply #6 of 240)

I can read body English in four languages

Welcome to the
Taunton University of
 where ...

Oh Well,

(post #88894, reply #7 of 240)

Now that's funny right there!

How many years, speeriance, you got at reading body English?

pb

(post #88894, reply #9 of 240)

I've been reading it only a couple more years than Gunner's been speaking it.

Welcome to the
Taunton University of
 where ...

Oh Well,

(post #88894, reply #8 of 240)

heh heh gunners still got a gut.

(post #88894, reply #10 of 240)

Yes, he speaks with good diction!

Welcome to the
Taunton University of
 where ...

Oh Well,

(post #88894, reply #12 of 240)

Ya, he's packin' a paunch, alright!

But it ain't near the size it was a few years back! I have to say he has impressed me, I hope he keeps it up!

We'll see how that gut looks when he gets back from the fest, and his feasting.

pb

(post #88894, reply #2 of 240)

I see it runs in the family

Welcome to the
Taunton University of
 where ...

Oh Well,

(post #88894, reply #11 of 240)

Mom and Dad just stopped by. He dropped off a photocopy of his old timetable from Williston to Havre. And a narrated history of the towns along the way as it pertains to the family. Pretty cool. I knew most of it but the stuff I didn't know or had forgot about like his Grandpa being a Sheriff is pretty cool.

To everyone else you have to excuse the spelling. You don't know how much work it took for pops to get along with a computer for that long. And to ask him to use spell check. Well forget about it. LOL

I scanned it to word and I'm going to try and copy and paste it here.

WILLISTON=YOUR GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER ARE BURIED HERE AND YOUR AUNT BETTY, YOUR COUSIN VALLARY LIVES HERE

TRENTON — MY DAD WAS SECTION FOREMAN HERE , VAL&DAVIDS BEET FARM IS NEAR HERE.

FT. BUFORD= MY DAD WAS SECTION FOREMAN HERE ALSO. THERE WAS A OLD ARMY FORT HERE IN THE 1800'S LOTS OF INDIAN FIGHTING WENT ON AROUND HERE , SITTING BULL SURRENDERED HERE AFTER THE CUSTER MASSACRE. THERE IS A ARMY CEMETERY HERE WITH MANY GRAVES.

SNOWDEN=== MY DAD WAS SECTION FOREMAN HERE AND THIS IS WERE WE LIVED WHEN I WHEN TO HIGH SCHOOL AT BAINVILLE. THE FIRST 6 MONTHS WE LIVED HERE IN 1950 MY SISTER AND I RODE THE TRAIN TO SCHOOL IN CULBERTSON. TELL THE SEMESTER WAS OVER THEN WE STARTED AT BAINVILLE. WE ROAD A BUS EVERY DAY FROM SNOWDEN TO BAINVILLE. THERE WAS A FORT HERE CALLED FORT UNION YOU WENT BY THE REPLICA OF IT AT THE DAKOTA -MONTANA LINE . IT WAS A FUR TRADING POST WAY BACK IN THE EARLY 1800'S THERE LATER WAS A TOWN BUILT NEAR BY CALLED MONDACK. THE WEST WAS WILD THEN MY GRANDPA SCHOW WAS DEPUTY SHERIFF OF THE COUNTY. HE HUNG 3 HORSE THIEVES AT MONDACK. I WORKED ON THE SECTION CREW ON THE RAILROAD HERE WHEN I WAS 16 DURING SUMMER VACATION.

BAINVILLE — I GRADUATED HERE IN 1952. THEN I WHEN TO WORK ON THE RAILROAD AS A FLAG MAN AND BUS DRIVER FOR A JAPANESE INTERMENT GANG CALLED DISTRICT GANG 8 IT WAS ALL JAPANESE EXCEPT FOR THE TIMEKEEPER. THESE JAPANESE WERE LEFT OVER FROM WWII AND EVENTUAL WERE ALL SENT BACK TO THERE HOMES. THE FOREMAN'S NAME WAS MORIKITCHE TAKMOTO, A GREAT GUY. THE TIMEKEEPER AND FLAG MAN HAD TO BE AMERICANS. WE COULDN'T PARK OUR LIVING CARS IN TOWNS WE HAD TO STAY ON SIDINGS IN THE COUNTRY.

CULBERTSON==A TYPICAL WILD WEST TOWN . MY FOLKS AND BROTHER AND SISTER LIVED HERE FROM1939 TO 1950 AND I WENT TO SCHOOL HERE 10 AN HALF YEARS ALL OF YOU RELATIVES ON MY SIDE CAME FROM HERE. ONLY ONE LEFT HERE NOW, MY COUSIN JOYCE . MANY , MANY BURIED IN THE CEMETERY HERE. MY GRANDPA SCHOW HAD A BIG RANCH HERE AND OWED A SALOON AND LIVERY STABLE HERE IN THE 1930.S

BLAIR= MY UNCLE OLIVER RAN THE STEAM ENGINE WATER STATION HERE

BROCKTON== I WAS BORN IN MY AUNT MAY MADDENS HOUSE IN CULBERTSON ,BUT MY FOLKS LIVED IN BROCKTON AT THE TIME. WE LIVED IN A LOG HOUSE ON THE BANKS OF THE MISSOURI RIVER THE HOUSE HAD A SOD ROOF AND WE HAD NO ELECTRICITY OR WATER IN THOSE DAYS. WE HAD A OUT DOOR TOILET AND A WATER PUMP IN THE FRONT YARD WE BURNED COAL IN THE KITCHEN STOVE AND THE HEATING STOVE.. WE LIVED HERE UNTIL I WAS 5 THEN WE MOVED TO CULBERTSON. MY DAD WORKED FOR THE W.P.A. AND IN A COAL MINE.

GLASGOW= YOUR UNCLE SHORTY LIVES HERE HE ALSO IS RETIRED FROM THE RAILROAD HE WAS A BRAKEMAN AND CONDUCTOR.

SACO= HERE IS RITA'S HOME TOWN HERE IS WERE I MET HER IN OB'S CAFE IN 1956. THIS IS A TYPICAL WILD WEST TOWN AND HAS CHANGE VERY LITTLE , STILL GOT GRAVEL STREETS AND WE REALLY ENJOY GOING BACK FOR VISITS. THE PEOPLE RAISE CATTLE AND SHEEP RITA STILL HAS FAMILY BACK HERE , TWO COUSINS, SHE GRADUATED HERE AND WE LOADED UP OUR OLD CAR AND MOVED TO HAVRE. SHE HAD TWO UNCLES HERE THAT WERE IN THE ARMY AIR FORCE IN WWII. UNCLE BOB WAS SHOT DOWN HIS FIRST MISSION AND SPENT THE WAR IN A STALAG PRISON CAMP, THE OTHER UNCLE WILBER MADE ALL HIS MISSIONS AND GOT HOME SAFE. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE MOSQUITOES WE'D BE RETIRED THERE. THAT'S A TOWN WERE YOU CAN SIT ON THE FRONT PORCH A WHITTLE ,AND WATCH THE BIRDS FLY BY OR GO DOWN TO OB'S SALOON A WATCH THE PRETTY COWGIRLS. NOT MUCH HORSE STEALING NOW DAYS OR GUN FIGHTS.

HAVRE= THIS WAS OUR HOME WHERE YOU WAS BORN RICK. WE MOVED FROM HERE IN 1969 TO INDEX WASHINGTON AT THE TIME I WAS GENERAL FOREMAN ON THE LINES WEST STEEL GANG , WE REPLACE RAIL BETWEEN SEATTLE AND WILLISTON. THEN I WAS PROMOTED TO ROADMASTER AT SEATTLE AND WE MOVED TO LAKE STEVENS. THEN TO THE COLD OF NORTHERN QUEBEC TO THE HEAT OF WEST VIRGINIA, TO THE PARADISE OF KY

THATS ALL I GOT FOR NOW RICK I KNOW ITS BORING BY THOUGH YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED

DAD

(post #88894, reply #13 of 240)

That was cool! It did tell me more than I knew too!!

I've got it saved to my HD!

Hey, check out the thread"Flooring job in a hurry!" in the general discussion forum. That's me and Mick's favor to Alan!

pb

(post #88894, reply #14 of 240)

I'm on it.

(post #88894, reply #125 of 240)

i got it

coolwater

(post #88894, reply #126 of 240)

Hey pops! Now the backup force is building!

pb

(post #88894, reply #130 of 240)

So Bob, now we should be able to here the real stories from the Wild, Wild West.

We could actually here it from the actual Historian figure "Coolwater"

and the "Gunner" a man of our time. This should be interesting!

Thanks for your help!

(post #88894, reply #132 of 240)

If you get POP's recanting his memoirs remember this one thing,......

Take notes!

pb

(post #88894, reply #135 of 240)

The pressure is on now!

Produce pics or you are out of the will!
:-)

pb

(post #88894, reply #127 of 240)

Gunner will pass a biscuit, when he finds out Pops is on board!

Let the Amish beware!!! HEHEHEHE

pb

(post #88894, reply #128 of 240)

what is this? a family reunion?

(post #88894, reply #131 of 240)

Well, mostly every one is just watchin' the trial a and hardships that the three Amigo's are on!

But it is special to the family as we used to haunt Between Williston and Seattle.

It's a memory thingy deal!

And Rick is livin' what we wish we could!

But the danged Amish are causin' prob's!!!

We still need pics.

Large crowd, Little pics! What gives?

pb

(post #88894, reply #133 of 240)

just messin with ya ! good to see all the fam following along. It's good to reminisce.

(post #88894, reply #134 of 240)

yes more pics! I even want to see the stinkin amish!

(post #88894, reply #136 of 240)

It's a Kentucky thing...Don't ask...Just be glad the pics aint workin'...

Remodeling Contractor just on the other side of the Glass City

Remodeling Contractor just on the other side of the Glass City

(post #88894, reply #137 of 240)

What da ya mean?

We have a circle of chairs and no pics!
The popcorn guy is crying about lack of sales,

I'm makin a lame attempt at humor in the middle of the lack of pics!
The promise was lots of pics and the crowd is here, I'm seeing 50, maybe 60, who are juss waitin' for scenic photo's!

pb

(post #88894, reply #138 of 240)

Still no update from the 3 Amigo's

Them Guys must have real problems on their hands!
Probably alot of 12oz prob's

pb

(post #88894, reply #139 of 240)

Plumber_bob is down until the AM, Snooze while you can!

I'll be bach

pb