Subscribe or Renew Membership Subscribe Renew

Concrete mix recommendation for filling out slab voids

ozrepair's picture

Door framing was embedded into the slab and rotted out.


  1. What kind of concret mix should I use to fill out the voids?
  2. How long do I need to wait before installation of a new pressure treated framing?



Thank you!


1) Whatever you have that (post #215915, reply #1 of 3)

1) Whatever you have that hasn't gone bad.

2) Probably best to wait for the concrete to set.

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.  --Herman Melville

I'd be inclined to use a (post #215915, reply #2 of 3)

I'd be inclined to use a quick set concrete or grout so I could get back to work quickly.

Florida Licensed Building Contractor, 50 years experience in commercial remodeling, new homes, home remodeling and repairs and all types building maintenance.

Oz (post #215915, reply #3 of 3)

Get rid of the black stuff and any crap out of the void.  Slather the areas that will abutt the new filler with concrete glue.  I'd probably use sand mix, concrete with some small stones......should be available by the name.  

A Great Place for Information, Comraderie, and a Sucker Punch.

Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City.