Search the forums
Hello to all,
I've got this wood/coal burning stove that was made in Germany and would like to know if anyone has "rebuilt" anything like this. It's a modular, cast iron unit that has tile around it so that you could touch it for a short time and not get burned. The tile also adds to the beauty of the unit. If you wanted or had to you could cook on it's top, which has a enamyl coated cast iron grill.
1. Where can I get parts and information on this product?
2. As of right now it looks like I would need something to replace the Asbestos Rope, the furnace cement that was used on all seems, and some of the screws which are metric of course.
3. I have two screws that have snapped in the unit, what is the best way to remove with out damaging the cast iron?
4. The back plate has a crack, what is the best way to repair?
5. Can this type of stove be coverted to burn the wood pellets, or even the gas log, and what would be neede for a chimney?
My guess is that someone from the northern part of the north-east US or Canada would have seen or used this type of stove.
Thanks in advance for any and all help,