After dreaming about a organized van for years I am almost there.
All the racking has been sourced from good old ebay over the last 5 months and has involved me driving around Southern England picking bits up.
Most of the racking is made by 'Bott' and has been adapted to suit my vehicle, a 'Nissan Interstar', the locker unit had to have the back cut off with a grinder, I left a 1" flange on the back of unit so that i could pop rivet the back to the sides. the shelving unit over the spare tyre has also been cut to fit.
My plans for the van include the following
- Installation of leisure battery which will be charged by the alternator and will be trickle charged by a small solar panel on the roof.
- New 12v volt zoned lighting in back of van.
- 12v-240v 1000w inverter to run battery chargers, lighting, secondary alarm for rear of vehicle and most important a COFFEE MAKER to be built into the locker unit.
- Installation of speakers in rear of van.
- Additional set of dead locks to all doors.
- Move spare tyre onto roof rack and install more shelves in its place.
- Non slip rubber flooring.
- Soap, barrier cream and hand wash dispenser.
My three daughters spent 2 hours on Saturday in the back of the van cutting various items in the vice and drilling holes in scrapes of wood.
I am looking forward to my baby son swinging a hammer for the first time (well away from the van).