Search the forums

robland hx260 combination machine.

herby1's picture

I am in the process of buying a robland hx260 combination machine. the reason for this choice is the machine's size as i am limited with space . i have read it specification and it seem to be promising .

could anybody give me a review on this machine? has it got power to rip stock 9"x3" ? i will mainily be working with oak ,red pine ,mahogany and ash. any advice will be much aprichated.

thanks'

herb (post #207135, reply #1 of 5)

Beats the heck out of me.

What country are you in and what does Robland say?

You mention ripping 9x3 (what's that in mm's as I looked on their british site and gave up immediately)?

which thickness are you ripping?  the 9 or the 3?

best of luck.

A Great Place for Information, Comraderie, and a Sucker Punch.

Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City.

http://www.quittintime.com/

robland hx260 combination machine. (post #207135, reply #2 of 5)

Hi Calvin

i live in the  UK , i will be mainly be ripping 3" thickness , robland gives out a good review" but you know mate" the web site gonna give you what you wanna here ,i have been in a few forms and what i here is good . i mainily buy tools from the states but due to the power supply in europe it will have to buy locally. before i buy i alway go in fine homebuilding as the feed back is sound.

thanks!

herb (post #207135, reply #3 of 5)

Here, it's pretty easy to find info on machinery.  I go to my (since '73) tool supplier and ask.  However, google might help if that's a world wide operation.

There was a machine here (might still be in production) called Shopsmith.  While it did many things off the same motor and would "save" space, I would think it a pain in the butt to keep changing over one function to another.

What might work for you is to put all the equipment on wheels and move each around-save space, yet have a dedicated machine for each function.

So, how's things in the UK?

robland hx260 comination machine. (post #207135, reply #4 of 5)

Hi Calvin

thanks for that advise on having every pieces of kit on wheels, but due to space it will crump up my space for assembling  thing once  munufactured ,but yes i can see where you coming from, to have every piece of machine dedicated for it own means.wich is great! .

Thing here are great, work wise ,thing seems to be picking up again after recession,but the weater is crap , thanks for asking mate.

regards

Herb (post #207135, reply #5 of 5)

In NW Ohio, weather so unseasonably warm I'm putting in a vent cap on the roof of a job I'm on, a couple pcs of base for the painter who arrives wednesday and to hell with it............

Take off early and go chase that little white ball around the  fairway.

Have a good week and good luck on the shop.