Search the forums

What Nailer/stapler for 3/4 ash hardwood into 3/4 plywood over 1/2 plywood subfloor?

johndrew's picture

What nailer/stapler do you recommend and what  size staples for 3/4 ash hardwood over 3/4 plywood and 1/2 subfloor?

John

I'd have to look in the shop for the correct staple size for your flooring, but I use a Bostich stapler or have used a portercable cleat nailer.

Hand driven, I've use I believe the name is PortaNail..............been a while.

You buying or renting?  If renting, they should make sure you have the shoe for 3/4 flooring and then the corresponding length fastener.  Usually you want to go through the subfloor, but yours is thicker and I think not necessary to do so.

Where's Ken Fisher when you need him?

A Great Place for Information, Comraderie, and a Sucker Punch.

Remodeling Contractor just outside the Glass City.

http://www.quittintime.com/

I'm here now and then...but

I'm here now and then...but MIA for a month. More guys are confident with cleats nowadays because they allow for a more natural epxansion of all hardwood floors. I can't see the orginal post now, but 2" lengths work best for wood subfloors. Powernail, and that Canadian manufacturer I always keep forgetting are two additoional choices. Primatech is the name.