I am remodeling a bathroom in my two story 60 year old home. Having pulled up the floor, I now have access to all of the plumbing that runs between the first and second floor. I have about 24" clear to work in.
1. All of the copper lines are suspended by U-shaped wire hangers with their points driven into the ceiling joists. Will the slight movement of the lines eventually rub a weak spot/hole where the lines touch the hangers?
2. I had one pin hole leak in a copper line not at the hanger.
3. I would like to replace all that I can reach. I am comfortable working wiht PEX. Is that the right way to go?
4. I am concerned about having a number of sharkbite joints between the floor and ceiling. Will they leak after 10/20/30/40 years?
5. Is there a better way to do this?